Community Blog

Advice from Our Experts: Body Parts

A Pound Of Prevention

A Pound Of Prevention

AUTUMN INJURIES The ’ember-ending months are here. Hockey, soccer, skiing and such now top the list of activities sending our children and ourselves into Clinics. Proper training and conditioning programs focus once on rehabilitation and prevention where a few simple steps lessen the probability of an injury occurring when we begin a new activity or […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis is inflammation of the plantar fascia, which is a thick fibrous band of connective tissue that runs from the ball of the foot to the heel. When the plantar fascia is under severe stress it stretches too far and tears causing inflammation and pain. Causes: The most common causes of plantar fasciitis are […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Ouch My Back!

Almost everyone experiences back pain during their lifetime. However, most people don’t realize that more than 70% of back problems are caused by routine daily activities. The other 30% are caused by accidents or other forms of trauma. Check Your Posture Back pain can simply be due to a lack of exercise, poor posture or […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Knee Injuries

“I bet some of you feel sorry for me. Well don’t. Having an artificial leg has its advantages. I’ve broken my right knee many times and it doesn’t hurt a bit.” -Terry Fox Most knee injuries severely impact an individual’s quality of life. The knee is a unique joint. It carries your body’s weight at […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Ankle Sprains

Ankle sprains are a common and painful injury that can happen at any time: on the sports field, the ski slopes or as the result of a slip walking across your living room. The ankle is made up of three bones: the tibia, fibula and talus. Ligaments, tendons and muscles work together to stabilize the […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Back Pain

Ever wonder if that nagging back pain is going to get worse? Almost everyone experiences some type of back pain during the course of their life. In fact, for many of us, back pain can be due to a lack of exercise or a result of poor posture and prolonged body-straining habits. The accumulated wear […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →

Knee Pain

Recently released studies suggest physiotherapy is at least as effective as surgery in treating arthritic knees. Whether you’re squeamish about scalpels and knobby kneecaps or not, this is great news. A study from the New England Journal of Medicine finds that surgery is no better than medication and physiotherapy for relieving the pain and stiffness of […]

Continue Reading →

Posted in: Body Parts, Newsletters

Leave a Comment (0) →
 

Recently on Facebook...