North Shore Sports Medicine Services and Products
Who should see a physio and how can a physio help me? Physiotherapy can:
- Hasten your body’s natural healing process, accelerating your return to sport or activity.
- Decrease the impact of sprains and strains of muscles, ligaments and joints including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, ankle and the spine.
- Decrease chronic pain and limit the likelihood of injury recurrence.
- Provide rehabilitation guidance for motor vehicle accidents or work-related injuries.
All of our practitioners book patients every half hour instead of every 15 minutes – We take the time to listen, assess the issue and develop an individualized plan.
- Massage therapy
REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPISTS are effective in treating and providing relief for a wide range of conditions such as:
- Migraine headaches
- Sports injuries
- Many other common conditions related to soft tissue and joint dysfunction
- Aquatic Rehab
AQUATIC REHAB, especially helpful in dealing with Osteoarthritis, Fractures, Total Joint Replacements, Post-Operative Care
- Strengthen Muscles with Decreased Joint Stress
- Enhanced Recovery
- Quicker Return to Activity
Originating in China thousands of years ago, ACUPUNTURE involves the insertion of single-use, sterilized needles into specific areas of the body. Acupuncture can often treat pain such as:
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Other Services
Our Services Include:
- Manual Therapy joint and spinal mobilization and manipulation
- Electrotherapy including ultrasound, TENS, muscle stimulation, interferential current and laser.
- IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation), a deep needling technique that helps to reduce muscle tightness that manifests as pain and poor muscle function.
- Dietitian services are available to coach you through diet and lifestyle changes as you work to achieve your nutrition goals.
- Pilates is a body conditioning routine that aids in strengthening your muscles as well as lengthening them.
- Bikefitting is the process of adjusting your bike to achieve a comfortable, efficient position.
- Athletic Taping for acute and chronic injuries.
- Orthotic Prescription assessment and impressions for orthotics.
- Community Sports Lectures to your group or sport team to help you reduce injuries and enhance overall performance.
- Work Site Assessments analysis leading to ergonomic solutions and correct body postures.
- Rehabilitation Gym Visits to bridge the gap between regular clinic visits and returning to regular group exercise, a personal trainer or an individual program.