PHYSIOTHERAPIST - BScPT, MClSc, MSc, FCAMPT, PhD
Fellow in the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physical Therapists
Certified by the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Throughout her 15-year clinical career, Allison has treated the full spectrum of orthopedic and musculoskeletal injuries. Her doctoral work focused on understanding the prevention of osteoarthritis after knee injury and thus she has a special interest in acute and chronic knee injuries, as well as the management of osteoarthritis. Allison also delivers the GLA:D Canada program, an individualized group-based education and exercise class for individuals with hip or knee osteoarthritis.
After having two children of her own, Allison has sought to further develop expertise in pelvic health including pre-post pregnancy concerns. She is passionate about providing patients with education and exercise, along with manual therapy, so they can be in control of their own recovery and build resiliency. She believes the best part of being a physiotherapist is being able to use her time, knowledge, and skills to enhance the quality of life of others. In spare moments, Allison is an avid road and trail runner.
A Registered Massage Therapist can assist you with:
- Reducing pain, improve function
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Improving sleep and reducing anxiety
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions
Learn more about our complete range of physiotherapy services.
- Massage Therapy
- Aquatic Rehab
- Other Healthcare Services
A Physiotherapist can assist you with:
- Pain due to sprains and strains of muscles, ligaments and joints including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, ankle and the spine
- Rehabilitation of post surgical conditions and fractures
- Rehabilitation for motor vehicle accidents or work-related injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Postural dysfunctions
- Overuse injuries