PHYSIOTHERAPIST - MPT, Certified in Acupuncture, Functional Dry Needling/IMS
Physiotherapist Edmund Gu believes that the best way to restore movement and return clients to their former lifestyle is through an active rehabilitation approach. His physiotherapy treatment emphasizes a personalized exercise plan, soft-tissue release and manual therapy techniques with various specific approaches to manage and treat specific symptoms.
With experience at three physiotherapy clinics in the Lower Mainland, Edmund has advanced training for shoulder conditions and injuries, as well as cervical spine treatments. He has a particular interest in dance- and shoulder-related injuries.
Edmund graduated from the University of Alberta with a Masters of Physical Therapy after completing a Bachelors of Kinesiology and a Bachelors of Science in Microbiology at the University of British Columbia.
Edmund has been an avid ballroom dancer since 2007 and served on the Board of Directors of Dance Sport BC, as well as a committee member for the Robson Square Summer Dance Series and as President of the UBC Dance Club. He also enjoys recreational sports, including volleyball and tennis.
A Registered Massage Therapist can assist you with:
- Reducing pain, improve function
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Improving sleep and reducing anxiety
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions
Learn more about our complete range of physiotherapy services.
- Massage Therapy
- Aquatic Rehab
- Other Healthcare Services
A Physiotherapist can assist you with:
- Pain due to sprains and strains of muscles, ligaments and joints including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, ankle and the spine
- Rehabilitation of post surgical conditions and fractures
- Rehabilitation for motor vehicle accidents or work-related injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Postural dysfunctions
- Overuse injuries