MICHAEL BASTIENNaturopathic Doctor
Dr. Michael Bastien is a naturopathic doctor committed to helping his patients find solutions to their health issues. He believes in an integrated approach to achieving long-term success in treating chronic and acute pain. His goal is to educate and empower his patients, enabling them to thrive. He seeks the root cause of the body’s inability to heal itself, and corrects the problem at its root. To determine the source of the problem, he takes a detailed history, performs a physical examination and uses laboratory tests when required. He is able to work with both natural and pharmaceutical methods to help his patients.
Dr. Bastien works cooperatively with other health care professionals so his patients gain the benefit of many practitioners working as an integrated team.
Dr. Bastien earned his Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Simon Fraser University specializing in rehabilitation and health. He was trained in naturopathy at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM) in New Westminster. Dr. Bastien is an instructor at BINM in the Department of Physical Medicine, teaching young doctors to use spinal manipulation and soft tissue therapy to treat pain and a range of musculoskeletal dysfunctions.
A Registered Massage Therapist can assist you with:
- Reducing pain, improve function
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Improving sleep and reducing anxiety
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions
Learn more about our complete range of physiotherapy services.
- Massage Therapy
- Aquatic Rehab
- Other Healthcare Services
A Physiotherapist can assist you with:
- Pain due to sprains and strains of muscles, ligaments and joints including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, ankle and the spine
- Rehabilitation of post surgical conditions and fractures
- Rehabilitation for motor vehicle accidents or work-related injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Postural dysfunctions
- Overuse injuries