MIKE GAUTHIERRMT - Registered Massage Therapist
RMT - REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST
Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) Mike Gauthier has an extensive background treating athletes, including NHL, AHL, KHL, and CHL professional hockey players, Olympians, Canadian national badminton champions, mountain bikers, and marathon runners. He is also experienced at providing the highest levels of patient care, having practiced at some of the finest spas in Vancouver.
Mike was drafted by the St. Louis Blues and played for the Prince Albert Raiders, Kamloops Blazers and the Alaska Aces. After retiring from professional hockey in 2011, he studied at the Vancouver College of Massage therapy and became an RMT in 2013.
Mike likes to use his experience as a professional athlete to help educate and treat his patients. He has a therapeutic mindset and the ability to reach deep tissue areas with ease, treating a broad range of pathologies including shoulder and hip pain, postural dysfunction headaches, low back pain, and sports injuries.
Born and raised in North Vancouver, he played minor hockey at the North Shore Winter Club and coached the club’s midget AAA team. He is a drummer and loves music
A Registered Massage Therapist can assist you with:
- Reducing pain, improve function
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Improving sleep and reducing anxiety
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions
Learn more about our complete range of physiotherapy services.
- Massage Therapy
- Aquatic Rehab
- Other Healthcare Services
A Physiotherapist can assist you with:
- Pain due to sprains and strains of muscles, ligaments and joints including the neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, knee, foot, ankle and the spine
- Rehabilitation of post surgical conditions and fractures
- Rehabilitation for motor vehicle accidents or work-related injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Postural dysfunctions
- Overuse injuries